Monday, November 17, 2014

An Exercise In Self Love

Those who know me well would likely agree I'm a very caring, thoughtful person by nature and that I generally go out of my way to ensure everyone's comfort and happiness. The problem is, I rarely extend the same kindness to myself and that lack of practice is beginning to take a toll. I find it incredibly difficult to come up with ways to love on myself without feeling selfish or vain, but I will continue to attempt nevertheless because it's an important aspect in the quality of one's life.

My most recent project was a combination of my desire to demonstrate self love with a need for a creative outlet. (My artsy side doesn't come out to play as often as I'd like either.) In lieu of selecting a personality trait, I chose a physical attribute to showcase at this time; my mouth.

I like my lips. No matter what weight I'm at, or clothes I'm wearing, mood I'm in, made up or not, they're always plump, soft and supple with a graceful shape. When I'm feeling sexy I find them especially alluring. I'm not very good at whistling but can make a bird chirping noise well enough to fool my cat. My teeth are neither the straightest nor whitest, but they are uniquely mine and I'd never withhold a smile to spite them. I have a thick, somewhat pointy tongue that is long enough to touch the tip of my nose; it's also strong and flexible enough to tie a cherry stem in a knot or open a Starburst candy wrapper (remember those games?). My lips and tongue are highly sensitive to pressure, temperature, texture and flavor, making eating and kissing two of my most favorite pastimes.

















Do you put in the time and effort to appreciate yourself? How does it make you feel when you do/don't? If you were to mirror this project, which of your attributes would you select? 

No comments:

Post a Comment